Councils in our local area have set up ‘vulnerability hubs’ offering practical support for people who are ill or self-isolating, and who don’t have friends, family or neighbours who can help.
These hubs aim to help with things such as urgent food supplies, shopping, collection of medication and checking up on vulnerable people.
- Complete the simple form on the website if you can, or phone 01709 807319.
- Volunteers working from Montgomery Hall in Wath are helping people in the Wath and wider Wath area who need food help, and have no one else who can shop for them. Phone 01709 513160
- Support for people in Swinton – food, kids’ activity bags, webchats, online woodland tours – by phoning 01709 578778
- Request emergency food, get support with medication and social isolation, and get help with volunteers if you’re a service supporting vulnerable people. Visit the website or phone 01226 774444.
- B:Friend – providing friendship, ‘pick-me-up’ bags and some food to people in Thurnscoe, Bolton and Goldthorpe. Also weekly phone in and online activity sessions.
- Goldthorpe Salvation Army – food parcels and phone advice. Phone 07882 467540
- Big Local Thurnscoe – food, activity packs and small grants to local groups. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helpline available 7 days a week from 8am-8pm – phone 01302 430300 if you are vulnerable and have no other support or if they know of someone who needs help.
- Email service to access and request support – email@example.com
- An online chat service at www.dncommunityhub.org.uk that will be operational daily from 8am-8pm which will signpost people to the support they need.
If you wish to volunteer:
Rotherham Citizens Advice
Call 01709 515680 Monday-Friday 9.30am-5pm