John is looking for a skilled communications officer who understands the Wentworth & Dearne constituency and has a keen interest in highlighting issues that matter to people living there.
This is a varied role that will involve working on community projects and campaigns, liaising with the media, creating online content and printed materials and carrying out thorough research.
You should have excellent writing skills and be proactive and organised.
Other skills/experience required:
- Dealing with media enquiries and drafting press releases and articles
- Creating social media content including video production/editing
- Managing a website
- Use of desktop publishing or graphic design programmes
- Able to work well under pressure, be a key part of a small team, learn quickly and work unsupervised
- Interest and knowledge of current affairs and UK politics
- Sympathetic to Labour Party values
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside normal working hours and travel for work occasionally, therefore a driving licence and access to a car would be desirable.
Location: Constituency Office, Wath-upon-Dearne, Rotherham S63 7QB
Salary: IPSA salary range £21,529 – £32,022 (depending on skills and experience)
Length of contract: Permanent (6 months probation)
Closing date: 6 October 2021, 5pm
Interviews: 21 October at the constituency office
Applicants should send a CV (max 2 pages) and covering letter (max 600 words) setting out why they are the right person for the job to email@example.com, headed ‘Communications Officer’.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.