John Healey’s Office will be closed from 12pm on Wednesday 22nd December 2021 until Tuesday 4th January 2022
During this time the following information may be helpful.
Hot meals and food parcels
- Citizens Advice Rotherham Tel: 0808 278 7911
- Rotherham Foodbank, Hope Centre, Grove Road, Rotherham S60 2ER Tel: 07936935319 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shiloh Rotherham, 15 Station Road, Rotherham S60 1HN Tel: 01709 559504
- The Salvation Army Parkgate and Rawmarsh, Quarry Street, Rawmarsh S62 7DB Tel: 01709 524653
- The Salvation Army Wath-upon-Dearne, West Street, Wath S63 7QU Tel: 01709 879178
- The Salvation Army Goldthorpe, Straight Lane, Goldthorpe S63 9DW Tel: 01709 898847
Freephone 116 123.
Rotherham Council Customer Services (including emergencies)
From 8.00pm on Friday 24 December 2021 Rotherham Council essential services will be taking emergency telephone calls only with the exception of Housing Repairs which will be taking emergency telephone calls only from 8.00pm on Thursday 23 December 2021. Emergency services are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To report an emergency to the Council, please phone:
- Emergency Council House issues and Repairs: 01709 336009
- Emergency Highways issues: 01709 336003
- Children and Young People’s Services: 01709 336080
- Adult Social Care (Single Point of Access): 01709 822330
If you are in a crisis as a result of Covid-19 and require immediate help, please telephone 01709 807319
- Any other emergency: 01709 382121
If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate danger, please phone 999.
To report non-emergency issues at any time go to www.rotherham.gov.uk/contact
Normal services will resume at 8.00am on Tuesday 4 January 2022.
Barnsley Council contact details:
Finance and Benefits
Includes council tax; council tax support; housing benefit; free school meals; business rates. 01226 787787
Includes social care assessments, carers 01226 773300
Children and Family Services
Includes school places; early years; family information service; special
educational needs; children’s social care; fostering and adoption; parent
partnership; youth services; children in care 01226 770770
For Jobcentre Plus opening times visit: www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus/christmas-and-new-year-opening
For loss of water supply, water main bursts, overflowing or blocked drains, whether council or private, call Yorkshire Water on 0845 124 24 24.
Power Cut Helpline 105
Call National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
Call 111 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies.
Call 101 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies.
Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: most local bus and train services will follow Saturday timetables with an early finish (with last departures from around 7pm).
Christmas Day and New Year’s Day: no bus services with the exception of Stagecoach Yorkshire running XPO services.
New Year’s Day: Saturday service on buses with an early finish around 7pm
Monday 27-Tuesday 28 December: a Sunday service will operate on local buses.
Wednesday 29 – Thursday 30 December: Saturday service on most local buses.
Sunday 2 – Monday 3 January: Sunday service on buses
Normal services resume Tuesday 4 January.
More information from travelsouthyorkshire.com/Christmas or Traveline 01709 51 51 51.
For train services please be aware that engineering works may occur over the Christmas period, visit the National Rail Enquiries website or call them on 03457 48 49 50 to check before you travel.