John Healey’s Office will be closed from 5pm on Wednesday 21st December 2022 until Wednesday 4th January 2023
During this time the following information may be helpful.
Hot meals and food parcels
- Citizens Advice Tel: 0808 278 7911
- Rotherham Foodbank, Hope Centre, Grove Road, Rotherham S60 2ER Tel: 01709 372104 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shiloh Rotherham, 15 Station Road, Rotherham S60 1HN Tel: 01709 559504
- The Salvation Army Parkgate and Rawmarsh, Quarry Street, Rawmarsh S62 7DB Tel: 01709 524653
- The Salvation Army Wath-upon-Dearne, West Street, Wath S63 7QU Tel: 01709 879178
- The Salvation Army Goldthorpe, Straight Lane, Goldthorpe S63 9DW Tel: 01709 898847
Freephone 116 123.
Rotherham Council Customer Services
From 8.00pm on Friday 23 December 2022 Rotherham Council essential services will be taking emergency telephone calls only. Emergency services are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To report an emergency to the Council, please phone:
- Emergency Council house repairs and emergency housing issues: 01709 336009
- Emergency Highways issues: 01709 336003
- Children and Young People’s Services: 01709 336080
- Adult Social Care (Single Point of Access): 01709 822330
- Any other emergency: 01709 382121
Normal services will resume at 8.00am on Tuesday 3 January 2023.
If you feel that a child, young person, or adult is in immediate danger, please phone 999.
Offices will be closed for Christmas from 4.30pm Friday 23 December 2022 until 8.30am Tuesday 3 January 2023.
Finance and Benefits
Includes council tax; council tax support; housing benefit; free school meals; business rates. 01226 787787
For Jobcentre Plus opening times visit: www.gov.uk/contact-jobcentre-plus/christmas-and-new-year-opening
For loss of water supply, water main bursts, overflowing or blocked drains, whether council or private, call Yorkshire Water on 0345 1 24 24 24.
Power Cut Helpline 105
Call National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
Call 111 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies.
Call 101 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies.
Information on public transport can be found online at www.travelsouthyorkshire.com or by calling Traveline on 01709 51 51 51.
For train services please be aware that engineering works may occur over the Christmas period, visit the National Rail Enquiries website or call them on 03457 48 49 50 to check before you travel.
For local members of the Armed Forces community, Christmas can be a time when troubles and worries are exacerbated by the financial pressures of the season or feelings of loneliness and isolation.
The Royal British Legion’s extensive network offers direct assistance, companionship, and a friendly ear.
If you or someone you know needs support over the festive period, please get in touch with RBL on ➡️ 0808 802 8080.
Their lines are open 8am – 8pm every day.
Warm Welcome spaces
Warm Welcome spaces will provide an opportunity for people to come together, share and use resources, with many spaces, such as our libraries, putting on additional activity sessions through the winter.
Find you nearest Warm Welcome space at www.warmwelcome.uk