I’ve been contacted by a number of people recently that are concerned with the cost of living crisis and rising household bills.
If you are experiencing financial problems the National Energy Action charity provides energy advice to households and can be contacted on 0800 304 7159 or via the website at www.nea.org.uk
Citizens Advice can also offer support – you can speak to a trained adviser on 0808 223 1133 or on the website at www.citizensadvice.org.uk
Turn2us is a national charity that can help people in financial hardship gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and support services at www.turn2us.org.uk
The British Gas Energy Trust is an independent charity that may give
a grant to help people pay their energy bills. Go to britishgasenergytrust.org.uk/ for more information, or call them on 0121 348 7797, open Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm.
I’ve been pressing for the government to do more on this and wrote to the Chancellor recently urging him to act now to help people deal with sky high energy costs.
You can read more here 👇