Posted: 19 December, 2018 at 1:50 pm
How to get help over Christmas and New Year
John Healey MP’s office will close at lunchtime on Friday December 21 and reopen on Thursday 3 January 2019.
During this time, the following information may be helpful.
Information on hot meals and food parcels
- Citizens Advice Rotherham, The RAIN Building, Eastwood Lane, Rotherham S65 1EQ
Tel: 01709 515680
- Rotherham Foodbank, Hope Centre, Grove Road, Rotherham S60 2ER
Tel: 01709 372104
- Shiloh Rotherham, 15 Station Road, Rotherham S60 1HN
Tel: 01709 559504
- The Salvation Army Parkgate and Rawmarsh, Quarry Street, Rawmarsh S62 7DB
Tel: 01709 524653
- The Salvation Army Wath-upon-Dearne, West Street, Wath S63 7QU
Tel: 01709 879178
- The Salvation Army Goldthorpe, Straight Lane, Goldthorpe S63 9DW, Tel: 01709 898847
Freephone: 116 123
The Silver line
The Silver line is an organisation that offers a telephone befriending service to older people. They will be open over the Christmas period and it gives a lonely older person someone to talk to. Visit www.thesilverline.org.uk / or call Silver Line on 0800 470 80 90 free 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Rotherham council housing emergency repairs contact centre – 01709 336009
Berneslai Homes repairs hotline – 01226 787878
From 8.00 pm on Monday 24 December, 2018 Rotherham Council essential services will be taking emergency telephone calls only. Emergency services are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To report an emergency to the Council, please phone:
- Emergency Council House issues and Repairs: 01709 336009
- Emergency Highways issues: 01709 336003
- Children and Young People’s Services: 01709 336080
- Adult Social Services (Single Point of Access): 01709 822330
- Any other emergency: 01709 336009
If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate danger, please phone 999.
To report non-emergency issues at any time go to www.rotherham.gov.uk/contactus
Normal services will resume at 8.00 am on Wednesday 2 January.
Click here for Jobcentre Plus opening times
For loss of water supply, water main bursts, overflowing or blocked drains, whether council or private, call Yorkshire Water on 0345 124 24 24
For power cuts call Northern Power Grid on 105
Call National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
- Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: most local bus and train services will follow Saturday timetables with an early finish (with last departures between 1730 and 1900)
- Christmas Day and New Year’s Day: no bus services except for Stagecoach operating bus services to and from XPO Logistics for shift times. On New Year’s Day some early morning train services will be withdrawn. Northern services resume normal frequency from 0700 in Barnsley and 0900 at Rotherham with other services starting around 0900
- Boxing Day – Wednesday 26 December Barnsley: No train or bus services except for Stagecoach operating bus services to and from XPO Logistics for shift times.
Rotherham: First will be operating a special service X1 between Sheffield, Rotherham and Maltby. In Rotherham service X1 will pick up on Corporation Street in both directions due to Forge Island Bus Station being closed on Boxing Day
- Thursday 27-Sunday 30 December: a Saturday service will operate on local buses with a normal Sunday service on 30 December. Please check local train times before travelling.
- New Year’s Day – No bus services except for Stagecoach operating bus services to and from XPO Logistics for shift times. Please check local train times before travelling.
- Wednesday 2 January – Friday 4 January local bus services will be following Saturday timetables with some exceptions for more information contact travelsouthyorkshire.com/christmas or Traveline 01709 51 51 51. Trains operating a normal Monday to Friday service.
- Normal services resume on 5 January.
Call 111 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies
Call 101 for non-emergencies and 999 for emergencies
Crisis loans are available from LASER Credit Union on 01709 836500.
Tuesday 25 December, Wednesday 26 December and Tuesday 1 January: closed
Information is available at www.lasercreditunion.org.uk. When applying for a loan you will need ID for proof of address, date of birth and National Insurance Number.
Emergency help if you are homeless
From Tuesday 25 December to Monday 1 January, if you are homeless, or know someone who is, contact the Rotherham Council team as soon as possible on 07748 143170.